2SPHALC Cast Aluminum Sump Pump
2SPHALC 1/4 HP cast aluminum sump pump
3/10 HP Cast Iron Sump Pump
3SEHL 3/10 HP cast iron sump pump with plastic impeller
3CDH Cast Iron Column Sump Pump
3CDH 1/3 HP column sump pump
3CEH Thermoplastic Sump Pump
3CEH 1/3 HP thermoplastic column sump pump
3SDHL Cast Iron Sump Pump
3SDHL 1/3 HP cast iron submersible sump pump
3SVS Cast Iron Sump Pump
3SVS 1/3 HP cast iron submersible sump pump
5STS Cast Iron Sump Pump
5STS 1/2 HP cast iron submersible sump pump
S1098 Cast Iron Sump Pump
S1098 1/2 HP Cast Iron Sump Pump
S1137 Cast Iron Sump Pump
S1137 High-head contractor sump pump
Pumps to Remove Water From Your Basement
It’s crucial to invest in sump pumps to remove excess water from your basement. When you purchase a flooded basement pump, you can eliminate hazards and ensure your home is safe and free of flooding.
At Star Water Systems, we have a comprehensive selection of pumps you can use to remove water from your basement reliably and efficiently.
Dangers of Water in Your Basement
Flooded basements pose many hazards and safety risks to homeowners and their belongings, including:
- Mold and mildew: Flooded basements create a damp environment ideal for mold, mildew and fungus growth. Exposure to these microbes can cause serious health risks, such as respiratory issues, rashes and eye irritation.
- Structural damage: Water can compromise your home’s structural integrity, cracking your foundation and eroding wooden supports and beams.
- Property damage: Basement flooding can lead to significant property damage, destroying walls, floors and any belongings stored in your basement.
- Electrical failure: Water can damage your electrical appliances and outlets, causing system failure and electrocution risks.
- Pests: Insects and rodents are attracted to dark, damp spaces like wet basements, bringing pests into your home.
Steps to Remove Water From Your Basement
If your basement is flooded, you can prevent significant damage by following these steps.
1. Stay Safe
Water in your basement can generate sewage, cause structural damage and increase your risk of electrocution. When navigating your basement, be sure to wear rubber boots, stay dry and avoid wet electrical devices and wires.
If water is covering your electrical outlets, be sure to cut their corresponding power sources before coming into contact with the water. If water is in the way of the main breakers, call a professional for assistance.
2. Identify the Source
Once you’re certain your basement is safe, locate the source of the flooding. Common causes of water buildup include:
- Heavy rainfall or melting snow.
- Foundational cracks.
- Improper wall or floor sealing.
- Leaking pipes.
- Malfunctioning sewer system.
- Faulty sump pump.
3. Pump Out Water Using a Sump Pump
Sump pumps are ideal for removing water from a flooded basement. These devices pump excess water away from your home and transport it to a sewage system or septic tank.
Some of the many benefits of residential sump pumps include:
- Preventing flooding.
- Repelling mold and mildew.
- Reducing the risk of fires.
- Protecting electrical appliances.
- Fending off pests.
Pumps From Star Water Systems
Star Water Systems has served as a single-source provider for residential water supply products since 1866 — and we still value quality and efficiency over 150 years later.
We carry a comprehensive selection of reliable sump pumps suited for all of your residential water movement needs, including:
- Cast iron pumps.
- Submersible pumps.
- Column pumps.
- Thermoplastic pumps.
- Cast aluminum pumps.
- Crawl space pumping systems.
Purchase the Best Pump to Remove Water From Your Basement at Star Water Systems
You can find dependable sump pumps for basement water removal at Star Water Systems. We manufacture durable and innovative water movement devices that homeowners can trust.
Use our retail locator to find our products at a store near you or contact us for more information on our products today!!